The Cochrane Eagle interviewed our Board Director, Kelsey Envik, to learn more about our new Neighbor grants that funds community citizen engagement and leadership projects. Read more
Cochrane Now interviewed our Board Director, Kelsey Envik, to learn more about our new funding opportunity for Cochrane and district non-profit organizations. Read more
Cochrane Foundation knows our local organizations need support for community events and festivals! We have a grant stream new for 2019, just for you! Cochrane Foundation Neighbour Grants Guidelines People in communities have great ideas for how to make things better. Neighbour Grants helps people in Cochrane and Area implement their own small acts of community right in the neighbourhoods and communities where they live by offering up to $5,000 for project expenses. The small acts of community we support tend to be projects where people:
- Build gathering spaces, such as community gardens and naturalized areas
- Engage people in creative ways to address concerns, such as community-created street murals, multi-racial or ethnic arts festivals, and non-partisan discussions on the importance of voting
- Foster a sense of pride and presence, such as cultural sharing events and achievement celebrations of local youth and seniors
- Give people the chance to get involved in community life, such as book- or tool-sharing libraries, new kinds of neighbourhood festivals, and skills-sharing events
- Plan and guide neighbourhood and community development, such as resident-driven design or sustainability workshops and Reconciliation-themed learning initiatives
- Help people be leaders within the everyday life of their own communities
- Form new or stronger connections between local people, groups, and organizations
- Create or strengthen people’s sense of belonging and inclusion
- Acknowledge the support of the Cochrane Foundation Neighbour Grants in project materials
- Use our logo on your flyers and websites and borrow our banner to display at your events.
- Invite us to key project events. We like to attend and see your project in action.
- Consult us first if you think of changing the project or how you spend the grant. We do our best to help you respond to changing circumstances.
- Tell us your project story through the Neighbour Grants Final Project Report Form. (Look at the form if you receive a grant to know what data to collect as your project unfolds.)
Read more here about energy efficient reno funding!